Are you continually getting redirected to Search.startnow.com? Is your PC screen getting flooded with unidentified ads and pop-up banners? Are you unable to browse legitimate sites?
Does Search.startnow.com virus replace your default web browser? Then You are probably a victim of Search.startnow.com Browser Redirect virus.
Keep reading this article to know more about it this nasty malware, and learn about its removal process.
What it Search.startnow.com? All that you need to know about it.
Search.startnow.com belongs to the family of browser hijacker virus and can result in malicious effects and dire concerns.
Search.startnow.com is capable of affecting all major web browsers including Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari and Mozilla Firefox.
Instead of boosting the performance as claimed by its creators, it results in unwanted web redirects and floods your computer screen with an array of annoying ads.
The sole motive of Search.startnow.com Browser Redirect is to earn illegal revenue for its developers based on the pay-per-click technique.
Redirects to sponsored sites are done to boost traffic on specific pages and improve the ranking finally leading to more revenue.
It sneaks inside computer systems silently and changes your search engine, web browser homepage and new tab page to http://search.startnow.com.
It is next to impossible for its victims to restore the original setting of the web browser to its original settings.
Post-infection, you may not be able to surf safely on your web browser.
Its nasty effects get even worse when it starts tracking your web perusing and habits and gathers vital and confidential data.
Search.startnow.com is a deceptive program and contains malicious scripts which are capable of degrading your browsing experience completely.
Use a sophisticated Anti-malware tool to keep your computer system free from malware and other PC infections.
How Search.startnow.com enters your PC?
This malicious malware can invade your PC through some methods, few of the most prominent ones are mentioned below.
- It can infect your computer system through browser stores or contaminated web pages.
- It additionally gets distributed through deceptive marketing method called bundling, is malicious malware is packaged with utility programs and gets installed with the program.
- It gets into your system through infected web links.
- Social clickjacking is another notable source of browser hijacker virus. Lucrative and attractive ads and links are placed on social networking sites to lure customers to click on malicious advertisements which may lead to a compromised PC.
- It can furthermore infect your PC through malicious email attachments and URLs contained in the body of spam emails.
- P2P File Sharing methods, Torrents, USB drives are other notable sources of Search.startnow.com Browser Redirect
Post successful invasion, Search.startnow.com starts performing its subversive activities and degrades your browsing experience. Most notable ones are cited below:
- It consumes a vast chunk of CPU resource making it slow and sluggish and degrades the overall PC performance.
- It is the main reason behind the occurrence of false and annoying pop-up messages and notifications.
- It results in annoying web search redirects to unknown sites.
- It sits silently in your PC background and gathers your browsing information and confidential data such as login details, credit card numbers, IP addresses, banking details, etc.
- It displays unwanted ads on your PC screen even when the browser is not in use.
- It makes way for other malicious programs on your pc.
- It alters the default setting of your pre-installed security system to avoid detection.
- This harmful virus has the ability to infect all versions of Windows.
- It may also provide remote access to your system to hackers and expose your vital information to the world to see.
Uninstall Search.startnow.com from Control Panel
- Click on the start button from your main screen.
- In the right side choose control panel.
- From the Control Panel choose the Add/Remove option.
- Select the program you want to delete and then click on the Remove Button.
Remove Search.startnow.com extension from your Web Browser.
- Click on customize and control panel on your Chrome browser window.
- From the Tools menu choose the extension that you wish to remove.
- From the list of installed extensions fins and select Search.startnow.com.
- In the end, click on the Trash icon.
- Reconfirm removal and refresh your web browser page to enjoy error-free surfing.
Tips to avoid installation of browser hijacker virus while downloading freeware.
Being watchful while installing utility program online can lessen the chances of virus attack.
- Be extra cautious while establishing utility programs.
- Always use the official website or some reliable source to download software.
- Make sure that you opt out for all additional add-ons, plugins or extensions included in the program.
- Cybersecurity experts highly recommend going through the terms and conditions mentioned in the license agreement.
- It the download procedure offers you “custom and automatic installation” always use the custom method.
- Remember to uncheck any additional toolbars or plugins to avoid installation.
In addition to the prevention and removal procedure, there are specific additional hygiene steps that a user should practice for system security and data privacy.
- Always use an efficient ad-blocker tool to keep away all malicious advertisements and pop-up banners from your computer. Such ads are usually sponsored and are loaded with harmful PC threats.
- Make sure that your Windows Operating system and other system software are patched with latest system updates. Using an outdated and expired version may expose system vulnerabilities to virus assault and put your security at stake.
- Having system backup adds leaps to data security. Restoring system settings and lost data post virus attack in almost impossible. Keeping regular backup lessen effects of virus attack.
- Never download utility programs from unofficial sites. Only trust genuine and reliable sites for all your download needs.
Precautions and preventions hold their importance, but an automated program is what will keep your system safe from all uninvited PC threats round the clock.
Cybersecurity experts recommend the use of system security programs like antivirus, anti-adware programs.
Basic hygiene, watchfulness, email protocol, when combined with the advanced feature of an efficient antivirus program, arms your system against all zero-day malware and other PC threats.